Calafrica (‘We, ‘us’ and ‘our’) cares about the privacy, security, and online safety of our customers’ (‘you’ and ‘your’) personal information. We take our responsibility to protect your personal information very seriously. This notice explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information, as required by the Protection of Personal information Act (POPIA). Using our services and any disagreements about your privacy are subject to this notice.
As our business grows and changes, we may need to update this notice to reflect those changes. If changes affect your personally, we will try and contact you directly because it is important to us that you always understand how your personal information is used. Please make sure that we always have your latest contact details.
The meaning of processing your personal information.
To help you understand this notice, we include the explanations of the terms ‘personal information’ and ‘process’ as used in POPIA:
- Personal information and special personal information are any information relating to an identifiable living or juristic person. Some examples are race, gender, marital status, nationality, age, physical or mental health, disability, language, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, biometric information and financial, criminal or employment history.
- Process means any operation or activity, whether automated or not, concerning personal information, including collection, receipt, recovering, organization, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use. Dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure, or destruction of information. “Processing” will have a similar meaning.
Why we process your personal information.
We must process some of your personal information to provide you with our products and serviced and as required by tac and other legislation. For example: When you buy one of our products and/or make use of our support services regarding product warranties, we collect your name, contact information and payment information to complete the transaction. Your personal information is also gathered through our website and other channels we use to distribute, communicate, and deliver our services. We use your personal information to do the following:
- Identify you.
- Process your requests or instructions.
- Offer other products and services to you.
When we share your personal information
These are some examples of when we will share your personal information:
- When required by any regulatory authority, such as The Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)
- Phone calls – Clip & recording
- Data management
- When required by legislation or any legal process?
- To protect and defend our rights and property, including our intellectual property.
- When you have given us direct permission to do so.
We will never sell your personal information or share it with other parties for their own marketing use unless you have given us direct permission.
Some information is automatically collected.
When you use any of our digital channels like websites and apps. We receive and store information generated by your activities (usage data gathered by cookies) and other information that are automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. Most of this data is generally not personally identifiable. However, some of this data, either alone or when linked with other information, may allow your identity to be discovered. We treat this combined data as personal information, and we protect it accordingly.
- Cookies are small text files that are created when you view a website. They gather usage data which includes information about the sites you visited. The number of times you visit, the date, time, and length of your visit, which products or services you viewed and which areas of the site your visited. We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
- Other information automatically collected may include your IP address, browser type and version, preferred language, geographic locations, wireless tor Bluetooth technology on your device, operating system, and computer platform.
How we protect your data
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information (including information about your activities) from theft, unauthorized access, and disruption of services. Our security controls are designed to maintain an appropriated level of data confidentiality, integrity, and availability. We regularly test our website, data centre, systems, and other assets for security vulnerabilities.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you willingly disclose online. Please note that we process and collect your personal information when you use our website, contact us electronically.
Accessing, changing, or removing your personal information
You may ask us to access, change or remove your personal information from our records. If legislation allows, we may charge an administrative fee, but we will always inform you of any cost before performing your request.
If you have any questions, or you want to update your personal information or preferences, please contact our Privacy Office on the details below:
25 Cruiser Street, Laser Park, Honeydew
011 795 1519